Sunday, April 08, 2018

Tasaka Guri Guri - Kahului, Maui, HI


The last time I went to Maui, I consulted with none other than Kirk of mmm-yoso, the uber blog that has taught me everything I know about Hawaiian food, not to mention where to eat on every island in the chain.

At the time, I printed out his recommendations on a slip of paper and stuck it inside the pages of the Maui Lonely Planet book I brought.

On this trip, my second time, I took that same book and when I opened it, I rediscovered the piece of paper with Kirk's recommendations. And just as I did then, I went to every place he recommended, which includes Sam Sato's, and this place, Tasaka Guri Guri, which is a treasure.

I won't bore you with the details of what it is and tell you why you should go here if you're ever on Maui. Just read Kirk's blog post and you will convince yourself.

Tasaka Guri Guri
70 E Kaahumanu Ave # C13
Kahului, HI 96732
(808) 871-4513

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Kakurega - Costa Mesa

2 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger KirkK said...

Thanks for the mention! Glad you made it to Tasaka....it's long been a family favorite of ours.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Tasaka was one of the reasons we came back! Funny story: we ordered one to share then realized we needed another. We devoured that first one in seconds!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home