Sea Harbour Dim Sum - Rowland Heights
Had an excellent dim sum experience at Sea Harbour in Rowland Heights. The first impression I got was how different an experience it was than your typical dim sum house. You order from a menu and checklist, which thankfully had pictures of the selection. Tried the following:
1. Fried Fish with Garlic, Salt and Pepper - These were smallish whole fish, which have been gutted and deboned, then stuffed with fish eggs, then deep fried, served with crisp fried garlic, salt and pepper. A very amusing dish, salty, fishy and crispy.
2. Shrimp Dumplings - Paper-thin, light wrapper, and the shrimp was perfectly sweet and fresh.
3. Pork Spare Ribs in Black Bean - Nice and fatty, but tender. Good balance of salty flavors from the black bean.
4. Pan Fried Noodles with Shrimp - Really good noodles, short, tapered and luminuous, with a chewy texture. The sauce was simple and sublime. The shrimp, delectable.
5. Beef Har Gow - Excellent smooth minced beef filling with cilantro.
6. Stuffed Bean Curd - Nothing noteworthy, but still good.
7. Egg Custard Tarts - Crispy pastry shell, creamy smooth, not too sweet custard. Perfect.
I'll be back to try the deep fried taro and the other dishes Thi and Chowpatty have raved about.