Monday, November 29, 2010

Chik-fil-A's Chicken Soup - Tustin


I've never been brought down by a flu like this. In between the skin-burning fevers, there are body shivers and inexplicable cold clammy sweats. My head feels like my brain is set on tumble-dry-low, a constant throbbing as if a nightclub has taken up residence in my cranium. I'm constantly thristy, but my appetite is shot. The past three days have been spent tossing and turning in bed thinking "WTF is this thing? This sucks!"

I write this in the lull that Advil provides and after having eaten dinner of Chik-Fil-A's chicken noodle soup, which I requested because, well, it seemed the kind of thing to eat in this condition. It's not the best soup in the world. But it didn't have to be. The carrots, celery, and noodles seem to have taken on the same consistency: mushy. But the soup is hot and thick; the chicken, actual meat from an actual chicken.

Now if you'll excuse me, my lovely caretaker and chicken soup deliverer has told me to get off the computer and get more rest.

Chik-fil-A
2889 Park Ave
Tustin, CA 92782
(714) 258-1400

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Liang's Kitchen - Irvine

11 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Aw. :( I'm glad you have a lovely caretaker. Get well soon, E!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Get well soon!

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous JB said...

Wow, you really are out of it...
you gave this obviously ultra-processed soup a good review.....


About the flu...
it can't be from Ikea's breakfast, 'cause I ate there 3 CONSECUTIVE DAYS, and I'm fine.....


I hope you feel better today.
Try the Chicken Tortilla Soup from Fresh & Easy
(it's excellent)
or if you're up to it, hit up the Mitsuwa food court for some ramen or udon.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger christoofat said...

When lived in S.Tustin many years ago, there used to be a Chinese restaurant in the center at Newport Ave down a block from McFadden (where Yoshinoya was on the corner) that had THE bomb hot & sour soup.
I'd be home sick and somehow find the strength to go there & get a larger takeout order. The stuff literally burned off all my germs (at least that is what I told myself)
Nowadays it's Pho Ga, or the killer chicken soup sold at Costco.
Ok..quit reading & get back to bed!!!

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger polar said...

Ge well soon MM~!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Melissa,

I am also glad! Just occurred to me: why is "caretaker" and "caregiver" essentially the same thing, when "taker" and "giver" have opposing meanings. Ah, the mysteries of English.

Bill,

Thanks! As I write this two days later, I am! Sort of. Headache still comes back, but at least the damn fever is gone.

JB,

AH, there was a method to my madness. My taste buds were useless. In my condition, I couldn't tell Thomas Keller from Ronald McDonald, so why waste the good stuff when I only needed something well, bland? A can of Campbell's was considered but then, there would be the pot to wash.

christoofat,

I think that Chinese place is still there! In my neighborhood. I'm gonna save that for when I actually can taste hot and sour! Thanks!

polar,

Thanks for the well wishes! It worked because I'm almost at 100% now.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger christoofat said...

LAMO @ :
"In my condition, I couldn't tell Thomas Keller from Ronald McDonald, so why waste the good stuff when I only needed something well, bland?"

classic!!

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Juliet said...

I hope you're feeling better now.
Eat some soondubu. You know that will help.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Just came back to check in on your replies and... ha, that IS funny. Stoopid English language. Hope all is well now. I've been sick for 5 days myself!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger elmomonster said...

christoofat,

HA! Thanks!

Juliet,

Ah soondubu! If only they delivered!

Melissa,

Aw! Well that's a bummer. Hope you get better. 5 days is longer than my 3, and I was miserable!!

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger MYROSE said...

What a difference seven years makes. I purchased Chick-fil-A soup yesterday that looked like it had been cooking for seven years, AND it smelled terrible. I wish I could upload a picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home