Friday, September 21, 2007

OC Weekly's "Best of OC" 2007


The best of the "Best Of" lists is out: OC Weekly's. And I'm not just saying that because this blog was listed in it last year. I'm saying that because this year, as The Weekly's other food reviewer that isn't the writing juggernaut named Gustavo Arellano, this blogger had the privilege of contributing to the issue.

Pick up a free copy at newsstands all over the county or read it online, and revel in the irreverence of such things as:

Best Place to Waste Six Hours and Possibly Sprout a Pimple
Best Restaurant for Tolkien Geeks
Best Two-Hour Wait For Food
Best Guy-Friendly Mall
...along with a few "reverent" ones that this writer was responsible for, like Best Hot Dog.

10 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Shinae said...

I so love OC weekly. Haven't caught the new one yet. Are you listed?

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Shinae,

Not listed this time (The Weekly rightly frowns on nepotism). But I did get to put in my two cents on what I think are the best eats in OC.

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Best Fusion Restaurant -- Cafe Hiro"


Wonder who contributed THAT
LOL

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Passionate Eater said...

YEA, WHOO HOO, YEA!! What an accomplishment Elmo! CONGRATULATIONS!! I need to get a copy and have you sign it! No offense to the other fantastic writers on newspaper, but you are the BEST writer there!

...And when I was surfing through the online version, I chanced upon the "Best Sex Shop" writeup, and immediately opened my eyes in surprise. Err, Elmo, did you contribute to that one? ;) Just kidding, you don't have to say... Even if you did!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

JB,

Hmmm...why, how ever did *that* end up in there! ;-)

P.E.

HAHA! Thanks! I'm humbled by your vote of confidence. I only wish I was as good as you say. But I'll take the compliment anyway...and unfortunately (or actually, fortunately), they didn't let me out of the cage beyond my purview of food...or else I'd have something to say about that category!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I totally, totally loved the issue and had been looking forward to it. kudos to all of you - I'm still enjoying your writeups immensely.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger KirkK said...

Congrats Elmo! You are indeed a star in the blogging universe!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Alosha,

I'm immensely proud that I can be a part of it, and even prouder that you loved the issue!

Kirk,

Aw shucks...nah. If I'm a star, then you are the supernova!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Chubbypanda said...

You know, my mental ears pricked up when I saw Cafe Hiro on the list. Now I know why.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

CP,

HAHA! I'm guilty! I made up the category especially for Cafe Hiro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home