Saturday, July 16, 2022

Two First Place Trophies at OC Press Club Awards!

Two weeks ago, at the annual OC Press Club Awards Gala held at the Clubhouse at Anaheim Hills, I won two first place trophies for TimesOC.

To maintain my food critic anonymity, I was not in attendance, but I was honored that my old OC Weekly boss and mentor Gustavo Arellano was the emcee and accepted on my behalf. Word is that he killed with a joke capitalizing on the persistent theory that “Edwin Goei” was just his pseudonym!

I’d like to thank Ada Tseng for taking me into the TimesOC fold; Erik Haugli for publishing my pieces; my beautiful wife for her love and for editing my stories; and you, dear reader, for allowing me to get such satisfaction from this hobby of mine for nearly 20 years.

Here’s the articles that won this year:

BEST ROUND-UP OR BEST OF

First place: Edwin Goei, “Eight meals for $8 (or less) in Orange County

Second place: Brad A. Johnson, "The 50 Best Places to Eat Tacos in Orange County"

Third place: Anne Valdespino, "Looking for a special spot for drinks? Here are 6 with a vibe"


BEST FOOD/RESTAURANT REVIEW

First place: Edwin Goei, "Hidden haunts: A restaurant critic explores 3 recently opened Orange County ghost kitchens"

Second place: Christopher Trela, "Omakase Menu at Sushi Ii is an Exciting Culinary Adventure"

Third place: Brad A. Johnson, "Review: Chiang An, Tustin"


Read the full story of TimesOC and Daily Pilot’s haul of awards HERE. Congrats to the entire Daily Pilot and TimesOC staff!

Photo Credit: @ocpressclub

4 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I continue to enjoy reading your reviews.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger KirkK said...

Congrats! So well deserved!

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your writing is such a treat to read. I enjoy learning about new places to try—such fun and delicious food to boot!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Thank you Anon1, Anon2, and Kirk, for your kind congratulations! I'm very grateful that my ramblings continue to be useful and that I'm still having fun rambling! Thanks again for reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home