Monster Munching Turns 10-Years-Old!
I wrote it on Chowhound.com and simply archived it here when I started the blog. But to me, that post represents a bigger milestone--it was the first time I put fingers to keyboard and thus began this crazy journey that has led to great food, great friends and a great gig at a well-respected publication doing what I love.
And if you read that first post on Honda-Ya, you'll see what I initially intended this blog to be back then: just a personal diary to remind myself of the places I liked. I never imagined that anyone else would actually be reading.
So to all of you who have been reading and stuck with me through all these years: Thank you!
As a special treat for the occasion, I went out, bought $10 worth of gift certificates at my favorite ice cream parlor, and will give it out to the first person to correctly answer all five of the Monster Munching trivia questions below (THAT I'VE UPDATED WITH MORE HINTS!)
1. What weekly periodical do I write reviews and blog posts for?
2. What poetic Monster Munching post became my first review for said periodical?
3. What is the name of the dish that serves as my Monster Munching avatar (the picture on my Blogger user profile)?
4. What was the actual first post that started this blog (Hint #1: I ate noodles; Hint #2: The post is dated April 20th)?
5. What violent online games inspired my nom-de-plume (three possible answers are acceptable here)?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with your answers and I will announce the winner (and the answers) in another post soon!
THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Seasons of Japan - Irvine
UPDATE! (10/22/2013) We have a WINNER!! Congrats to H. Indra for answering all the trivia questions correctly and winning the Strickland's gift certificates! The answers are as follows!
1. OC Weekly
2. Sushi Shibucho
4. Hakata Ramen - Shinsengumi - Fountain Valley
5. Doom, Quake or Descent