Friday, December 27, 2013

S.W. Seafood - Irvine


Sometimes you just have to throw caution to the wind and eat what you know is probably bad for you.

Fried pork chops so luscious with fat it gushes. Crackling crisp nests of noodle doused with fuming mountains of seafood and mushrooms in gravy so scrumptious it's almost surely loaded with MSG. Plump curls of shrimp, already cholesterol delivery systems now coated in rich mayo.

This is what I ate and ate and ate at S.W. Seafood, one of the most no-nonsense Cantonese restaurants in Irvine that May or may not be affiliated with the Sam Woo Restaurant Dynasty. I loved every artery-clogging, calorically-irresponsible morsel of it.

To offset and as appeasement to my dietary conscience, I also ordered spinach. It may have been too little too late, but at least I didn't order dim sum, which is possible to do here during dinner time.

I'm not positive how much higher those bowls of steamed tripe and pork-laden shumais would've sent my LDL levels, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have helped.

S.W. Seafood
5406 Walnut Ave
Irvine, CA 92604
(949) 262-0128

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Seoulmate - Long Beach

4 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Greg Hao said...

Not related. Hence the "S.W." and not Sam Woo. Also, the Chinese characters does say Sam Woo (well, 三禾)but is a homonym.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Greg Hao said...

Oh, and tbh, I prefer fake sam woo to real sam woo here in irvine (although the egg white fried rice at real sam woo is pretty good).

skip the dim sum, none of it is any good in irvin imo.

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum!

nhb

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Greg,

Good to know about the non-affliation and the dim sum! I also agree with you that this "fake" Sam Woo is preferable over the "real" one.

nhb,

It was!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home