Thursday, June 15, 2017

Fullerton's Kim Loan Is Still Going Strong!


Thirty or some odd years ago, my parents introduced me to Vietnamese food for the first time at Kim Loan Restaurant in Fullerton. Soon, dinners at Kim Loan became a monthly ritual for our family. Then we moved away. I grew up and went on with the rest of my life.

Tonight, I went back for the first time in a decade. But when the owner saw me, he remembered who I was!

He immediately asked how my parents were doing.

"They're fine, and enjoying retirement," I replied, realizing that when I, myself, retire someday, the owner might still be here to serve the same great food as he did tonight.

Kim Loan Restaurant
(714) 773-0374
1651 W Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92833

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Centro Collective - Lake Forest

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Bill said...

That's awesome.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger elmomonster said...

..and it STILL is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home