Friday, October 18, 2019

Fru Nimb at Tivoli Gardens - Copenhagen, Denmark


Before going, I knew that Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen inspired Walt Disney to create Disneyland. But what I didn’t know was that this 176-year-old theme park is, in fact, Bizarro Disneyland. The similarities to Walt’s park was so uncanny, if Tivoli was created after Disneyland, it would be sued by Disney.

I saw versions of Autopia and Dumbo, even a ride that look suspiciously like It’s A Small World. The latter, by the way, honors Hans Christian Andersen, the Dane who wrote The Little Mermaid and Snow Queen, which, of course, inspired Disney to make The Little Mermaid and this little film called Frozen.

But the similarities didn’t end there. We ate in a restaurant that was the twin of Disneyland’s Plaza Inn. Unfortunately after tasting the dry and chewy schnitzel I ordered, I came to the realization that it also was overpriced, which, come to think of it, is the same feeling I get everytime I eat at Plaza Inn. So yeah, Tivoli is EXACTLY like Disneyland in every way.

Okay, maybe not every way. At least I was able to ask for a beer without having to belong to some exclusive club.

Fru Nimb at Tivoli Gardens
Bernstorffsgade 5
1577 København
Denmark

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Chicken Hero Kho Ga - Anaheim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home