Monday, March 02, 2020

Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken - Santa Ana


This article about the recently opened Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken in Santa Ana represents a first. It’s the first time this legendary Memphis-based joint has landed in Orange County, but it’s also the first time my byline has appeared in the Los Angeles Times!


With it I’m happy to announce that the chicken is fantastic and that I will now file my restaurant reviews for TimesOC, LA Times’ Community News publication serving Orange County that appears in the Sunday paper for all OC subscribers!

So join me as my exploration of OC’s best new restaurants continues! And try this chicken!


My sincere gratitude to Ada Tseng, TimesOC editor, for bringing me on board and editing my story! A big thanks to Don Leach for the beautiful pictures! And thank you to those of you reading for all your support all these years!


Now go out there and subscribe to LA Times or pick up a copy of the Sunday paper (Ralphs sells ‘em by the door)!


Click on the link below to read my story:
Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken - Santa Ana

5 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Dino said...

Most excellent!!

Congratulations on your new opportunity.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger KirkK said...

Congrats on your new gig !

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Thank you Dino and Kirk!

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been watching out for your articles ever since I saw this post. Finally spotted one in the Sunday papers published March 29th, only to also see with some dismay that the OC section will be on hiatus through most of April due to COVID-19. I certainly hope to read your Korean restaurant review sometime in the future.

In the meantime, lost restaurants will be a loss to the dining culture out here but I am a pragmatist who has accepted that losses will be inevitable. Would you be comfortable sharing some places (no limit) that are still open but obviously running in a reduced state who you are a little more concerned for?

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Hi Anon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this comment! I'm glad you saw my latest article.

I've been lagging on updating this blog, but I think I will dedicate some time on it as soon as the work week is over.

But you are so right about how our dining culture is being altered as we speak, and some places are in real danger of being lost forever.

I will definitely start sharing some places that are still open but are running in a reduced state that I am rooting for (and patronizing by way of take-out).

Thanks again and hope you and your loved ones are healthy,

Edwin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home