Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Take-Out Review: Sushi Noguchi - Yorba Linda



Hi there. Sorry I haven’t written for so long. How’s everything?

Who am I kidding. It hasn’t been great. The situation is sad, people. It just is.

As with most of you, I’ve taken refuge with what brings me comfort and happiness. And one of those things is, not surprisingly, food.

No, I don’t mean just to eat in front of Netflix (although I’ve certainly done a lot of that). To me food is the catalyst to communication and the cue to connecting with my family, friends, and co-workers while in isolation.

We ask each other “What are you cooking for dinner?” and tell each other “Look what I picked up for lunch!”

Pictures and stories of things cooked, bought and eaten inevitably follow.

Essentially, I’ve been doing what I’ve done on this platform in the past with all of you, but instead I took it private.

But as we pass the two month mark of these (insert your favorite pandemic adjective here) times, I realize that while this has been therapeutic for me, not sharing the great meals I’ve had in this public forum isn’t doing all I can to support the local restaurants I love.

So I will start posting again here, beginning with a dinner I picked up a few weeks ago from Sushi Noguchi.

It was a feast that, once and for all, proves that Noguchi isn’t just one of OC’s of best sushi restaurants, it’s one of its best Japanese restaurants.

We had a buta kakuni (braised pork belly) that’s manna on rice; a grill-charred salmon collar that was as smoky as Southern barbecue; and one of the best chicken karaages I’ve ever tasted.

Of course, we ordered some sushi rolls to remind us of past omakases but also dream about the day when we can sit in front of Hiro-san and be doted by his wife Jun again.

If you haven’t been to Sushi Noguchi, now is a good time to try it, especially during dinner hours when Jun and Hiro are offering 20% off all orders.

Sushi Noguchi
18507 Yorba Linda Blvd.
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
(714) 777-6789
http://www.sushinoguchi.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home