Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Apology For Lost Comments


I just discovered that for over a year (or maybe more)--ever since I turned on comment moderation to filter out the unrelenting SPAM comments--some of your real comments were lost.

It turns out that Yahoo Mail--which I rely on to send me notifications on comments you were submitting--was not sending me half the comments. I imagine they're somewhere stuffed inside my bloated SPAM folder.

I finally found all these lost comments sitting in my Blogger Dashboard yesterday, all them waiting to be published. Some of them were years old. All of them were written by you, my dear readers and friends, who took time out of your day to comment.

So my apologies to you, particularly dumplings, Wandering Chopsticks, Delta Boy, WeFlipBurgers, Rima, mark, nhbilly, and others, whose witty and thoughtful comments were lost and now found. For me, finding them was like unearthing a treasure trove of un-opened Christmas presents.

Also, let me take this opportunity to thank you all again for still reading after all these years.

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
The Breakfast Bar - Long Beach

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger dumplings said...

Elmo,

It would be more awesome if there was a way to find what the missing comments were. I'm curious as well!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger ChristianZ said...

Still reading... And sometimes commenting...

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

dumplings,

I actually clicked on the Publish button and they went to their respective posts! Your lost comment went back to this post.

So a belated thank you for that comment!

Christian,

And I thank you for doing so, my friend, as you, yourself, are an OC food blog pioneer! Thankfully, none of your comments got caught up by my SPAM filters! At least none that I've noticed.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still a fan but I do hate the new Captcha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home