Thursday, June 19, 2014

Matcha Love - Costa Mesa

After slurping Santoka's legendary but ultra-savory bowls of ramen at Mitsuwa's food court in Costa Mesa, you want something cold, something sweet.

Until recently, that meant one of two things: Some sort of boba drink at Sky Express or a box of mochi ice cream from the supermarket.

Now that Matcha Love has opened here, there's is a third and much preferable option—soft serve green tea ice cream in sweet, tannic swirls; but also a black sesame flavor that tastes like smoky peanut butter. Another tea flavor called hojicha is almost floral.

But then you eat them all of them together in the same sitting and attain Zen enlightenment in a waffle bowl.

Matcha Love
665 Paularino Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Summer Issue - Where To Buy Ice Cream

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Dee said...

I tried them but it's a bit too grassy for me. I must be in the minority since there's usually a good amount of people waiting in line.

Have you tried the pudding from Hamada-ya (the bakery inside the supermarket)?

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

It's very grassy indeed. But I think that might be why I like it!

I'm not sure I've had the Hamada-Ya pudding. But I think I will now! It's good is it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home