Thursday, August 07, 2014

DelSushi - Irvine


You may have your doubts about DelSushi--the sushi delivery service whose coverage area is bordered by the 405, Culver, Jamboree, and the 73. How good can delivery sushi be? Answer: Very good. Amazing actually. And if I may be so bold: Better than the sushi fast-food chain that rhymes with Pushy Toy.

I know what you’re thinking: “That’s not saying much”, but hey, just try it. You can afford to. The prices are fairly reasonable for the girth of the rolls they offer. The average price is about $10 for a fat, generously proportioned maki that yields 8 mouth-muffling pieces with lots of fish and just enough rice.


Take a gander at the large ruby core of the spicy tuna; the egg-and-unagi-and-crabmeat-and-cucumber stuffed Futo Maki; the thick slices of unagi on the Double Dragon; and the rice-less Pink Lady, which looks like flower petals made of salmon.

And for those of you who aren’t lucky enough to live in the coverage area, you can get the sushi straight from its storefront (which also stocks a variety of Korean instant noodles and snacks). It’s sandwiched in between Berkeley Dog and CyberDeck across from the UC Irvine campus--one more reason that University Center is all kinds of awesome.

And oh, DelSushi is open until two in the freaking A.M.!

DelSushi
4249 Campus Dr.
Irvine, CA 92612
(949) 324-7171
delsushi.com

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
PokiNometry - Anaheim

4 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Dee said...

Elmo, you read my mind! I was craving some non traditional crazy sushi rolls (like Niko Niko). I saw DelSushi on Yelp but when I saw it was next to UCI I passed. I will try this place next time, the Pink Lady looks really good!

On another note, have you try Jinbei (replaced Ayame in Orchard Hills)? They have uni spaghetti, wonder if it's as good as Café Hiro's =D

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Dee,

I love Jinbei! I actually tried their uni spaghetti also. Delicious. Different than Cafe Hiro, a bit richer, but very good!

In fact, look for a review sometime in the future!

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Dee said...

Nice! Looking forward to reading your experience =D

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger elmomonster said...

I'm looking forward to the eating!! I have one more trip to make!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home