Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Hunter Bros' H3 Ranch - Fort Worth, TX


H3 Ranch is a steakhouse located at the historic Fort Worth Stockyards, an epicenter of meat processing back in the Wild Wild West. I wrote about this place tangentially while reviewing Malibu Farm in Newport Beach for OC Weekly.

In the review I said that it was exactly what I wanted to find while I was in town. It looked like the Texas out of my imagination: a time-capsuled cowboy saloon with at least half a dozen bison heads mounted on the wall and floorboards that creaked under spurred boots. On the menu were steaks cooked on steel grates over a hickory fire that blazed in an open kitchen. And all around me were cowboy-hat-sporting customers eating those bloody hunks of meat with nothing but a baked potato and a charred jalapeño as sides.

But as I said in my review, I didn't end up liking the rib eye steak I ordered. It was chewy and didn't have much flavor. Most disappointing were the special house skillet potatoes I got instead of the baked potato. Despite being advertised as deep-fried and finished with bacon, onions and peppers, it was gummy and lukewarm, no better than the potatoes the Hampton Inn I was staying in offered for free at its daily breakfast buffet.

Here I share the pictures from that dinner in case you ever find yourself in Fort Worth Texas and are interested in repeating my experience...or not.

Hunter Bros' H3 Ranch
109 E Exchange Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76164
(817) 624-1246

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Malibu Farm - Newport Beach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home