Monday, January 14, 2019

Crispy Pork & Char Siu Rice from Seasons Kitchen USA


On most weekdays, my lunch would not consist of flavors from my Southeast Asian childhood. But today was not a typical day. Today, Seasons Kitchen USA--which has been travelling from office park to office park serving Malaysian dishes for food-barren corporate complexes--was in my neck of the woods.

So my lunch had a lot of the ingredients I grew up with: sambal with whiffs of belacan, the crispy head-on fried anchovies called ikan bilis, and the sumptuous aroma of rice cooked with coconut milk.

The protein was char siu and hunks of fatty pork belly still attached to its crispy skin, which, when I think about it, I probably would’ve been better off consuming when I was 30 years younger and 50 pounds lighter!

Seasons Kitchen USA
641 N Euclid St
Anaheim, CA 92801
https://www.seasonskitchenusa.com/
https://www.fooda.com/

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Edwin Goei's Top Drinks and Restaurants of 2018

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home