Friday, March 22, 2019

Giovanni's Shrimp Truck - Oahu, Hawaii


I don’t know why Giovanni’s, arguably the most famous shrimp truck found on the North Shore of Oahu, gets all the attention when there are so many other shrimp trucks on the island. But we couldn’t not get in the long line at this makeshift outdoor food court made up of at least three other food trucks.

And the shrimp scampi here is undeniably good if not something I can conceivably make at home with some fresh shrimp, olive oil, minced garlic, and lemon. Let’s face it: all there really is to this dish is just those things. But I know that when I do attempt to recreate it in my own kitchen, it won’t taste the same. It will be missing an essential component: the experience of eating it in Oahu’s North Shore and then bragging on social media to say that I did.

Giovanni's Shrimp Truck
66-472 Kamehameha Hwy
Haleiwa, HI 96712
giovannisshrimptruck.com

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Heirloom, a Modern Farmhouse - Huntington Beach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home