Saturday, September 17, 2022

Why Cafe Hiro is My Favorite Restaurant


A co-worker returned from his third visit to Cafe Hiro and had something to say to me.

Though he had enjoyed the first two meals he ate there, this time he wasn’t pleased. He complained that the uni spaghetti tasted watered down and the service was slow. He vowed to never come back.

He asked me, “I thought you said it was the best restaurant in OC?”

I told him, “I never said it’s the best restaurant in OC; I said it was my favorite restaurant. There’s a difference.”

Restaurants we deem “best” win awards; Restaurants we deem “favorites” win our hearts.

I’m sure there are “better” restaurants than Cafe Hiro, just as there are “better” shirts in my closet. But I will always have a “favorite” shirt. And it’s the one I’ll wear the most.

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger KirkK said...

Well said Elmo. I always try to let people know that there's s definite difference between "best" and favorite.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Thanks, Kirk! Agreed! Also, since our "favorites" are personal and ultra subjective, I typically don't recommend them unless people specifically ask "what's your favorite restaurant?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home