Monday, February 29, 2016

Wanna Hear My Voice on a Podcast?



You know the phrase that goes "that guy has a face fit only for radio?" I think that's me. I also have a speaking voice fit only to be transcribed into text.

But I let go of my personal insecurities when April Balotro and Vanessa Yee invited me to come chat on their "The Bull and The Badger Podcast".

We recorded it on location in Costa Mesa last October, but it was published today.

On the show, we covered the Orange County food scene and how I got into this crazy business of reviewing restaurants. And though I mumbled incomprehensibly a few times, stuttered more than once, I had a blast. The hour and a half I spent with them gabbing flew by, and it was over before I knew it.

So if you have some vacuuming to do around the house, or you're in between episodes of Serial, you can listen to the interview by clicking above or downloading it through iTunes.

A big thank you again to April and Vanessa for the invite!

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Abyssinia - Anaheim

4 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Awesome! You're selling yourself short my man

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

You are too kind, sir!

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goodie, now I can read your reviews in your true voice, which sounds very Asian American. I don't know why I thought otherwise. And you didn't mumble much. Good job!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Thank you for your comment! I just listened to it again and realized I also coughed and cleared my throat a lot because of a cold! But I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home