Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Maruhide Uni Club - Torrance


If you're an uni lover, and I mean you love it so much you're willing to spend as much money as it takes to get into Disneyland, this is the place for you: Maruhide Uni Club in Torrance, the restaurant arm of Maruhide Marine Products, a company that harvests uni from the waters off Santa Barbara and ships them to Japan.



We thought we fit into the category. We thought we wanted to stuff our faces with uni all night. We thought there was no possible way we'd get tired of it. And most importantly, we thought we'd be okay paying the high toll to do it.



But as it turns out, we were we wrong. We realized after eating what ended up being more uni than we've eaten in a year--straight up, on top of rice, in an elaborate bento box, even as bottled sauce--we were kind of bored and, worse, not particularly full nor satisfied.



And then there was the cost. For the meal you see documented here, we became $150 poorer, but also wiser, learning once and for all that there's, in fact, such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Maruhide Uni Club  
2130 Redondo Beach Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90504
(310) 323-2864
maruhideuniclub.com

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Pepper Lunch - Irvine

2 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post! I might've been tempted into overdoing uni. Oh, my wallet thanks you too.

I might still try doing this just once, but only if I had a very strong craving for uni on a day with a smaller appetite.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger elmomonster said...

That's exactly when you want to go! I don't regret trying it, because I'd been wanting to go forever. So I'm glad I went, but it's definitely just something I'll just do once.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home