Sunday, January 21, 2018

Nachos at Michael Mina's Pub 1842 in the MGM Grand - Las Vegas


I haven't tried all the nachos in Vegas, but I am confident that if I did, I would not find one that will be as good or as generously portioned as Pub 1842's at the MGM Grand.

This, ladies and gents, is a nacho constructed unlike any other nacho. And I do mean "constructed". It's not just a pile of toppings dumped onto a mountain of chips; it's a pavement made of quality tortilla triangles layered carefully and deliberately with toppings so that every chip has its share of green chile verde pork, grated cheese, black bean, salsa and crema. Not a single naked chip is to be found.



If it wasn't perfectly crunchy throughout, you could mistake it for a casserole crossed with a 7-layer dip, every topping ingredient top notch. This includes a nacho cheese sauce that I'm certain started off with a roux.

Because I knew that Michael Mina was responsible, I expected it to be great; but more than elevate what's normally late-night food for the drunkard, what he has done here is a great nacho that's also a great deal.



What you see in the pictures here is the half order for $12, which is enough for two. But for $7 more, there’s the full order, which comes in a half sheet pan and can conceivably feed the entire cast of a Cirque Du Soleil production--at least the ones who eat carbs and cheese.

Michael Mina's Pub 1842
MGM Grand
3799 S Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Habana - Irvine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home