Monday, August 20, 2018

My Thoughts and Video on This Years' Pacific Wine & Food Classic



As I said in my last post, I'd been looking forward to this for months: the second year for Pacific Wine & Food Classic, the annual all-you-can-eat-and-drink food festival put on by the OC Restaurant Association at Newport Dunes Waterfront.

We ate, drank, until we couldn't anymore.

I realized after I was so full I could barely walk that it was like a giant block party--that is, if I lived near the beach and half my neighbors were restaurateurs, professional caters, and chefs, and the other half were vitners, brewers, and mixologists.

As there was an excess of sun and heat, a lot of the restaurants smartly went with cold seafood. There were so many variations of poke, ceviche and tartare, I lost count.

The organizers also seemed to have thought of everything. There were waist-high coolers stationed every hundred paces filled with ice and Evian water. This year, they provided cozies for your wine glass so that you can strap it onto your wrist and let it dangle hands-free as you move from booth to booth. Even the music they picked was perfect.

Michael Jackson's “Don’t stop ‘til you get enough!” was the song my GoPro captured. It seemed appropriate.

Pacific Wine & Food Classic
Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort
1131 Back Bay Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
http://www.pacificwineandfood.com

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Pan y Vino - Newport Beach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home