Saturday, March 23, 2019

Matsumoto Shave Ice - Oahu, Hawaii


Matsumoto Shave Ice has changed somewhat since the last time I had it. It’s now been remodeled and doesn’t look like the relic that it once was.

But what’s important has stayed the same: the shave ice itself. A solid block of ice is turned into white fluff by a whirling metal contraption. Then a soup ladle molds the snowy substance into spheres before being doused with three syrup flavors of your choice.

I opted for the “Tropical” which is a set combo of lilikoi, guava, and coconut. And of course, just like a decade ago when I was here, I also asked for ice cream and azuki beans to be added as a base, because the more things change, the more I like it to stay the same.

Matsumoto Shave Ice
66-087 Kamehameha Hwy
Haleiwa, HI 96712
https://matsumotoshaveice.com/

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Woodfire Kabob - Laguna Hills

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home