Monday, August 27, 2018

Porto's Cup o' Tres Leches - Buena Park


When I saw her nametag, I thought to myself how perfect it was that she works for Porto's.

Speaking of sweet. Have you tried their individual tres leches cup? Baked in the foil cup in which it's baked, it's drenched in dairy and topped with a fluffy meringue. You eat it with a spoon, scooping out this "cupcake" directly from the container into your mouth.

Though it doesn't feel much like you're having a cake, I'd argue it's a much better way to eat Porto's tres leches than their full-sized cake. The latter is not just completely soaked with the "three milks" it leaks out into puddle, it's also very, very rich, and very, very massive.

So no matter how sweet, and efficient, and polite I found Dulce and her fellow crew members are, there's only so much sweetness I can take with their tres leches--and it's this cupful.

Porto's Bakery & Cafe
7640 Beach Blvd.
Buena Park, CA 90620
(714) 367-2030

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Buttermilk Fried Chicken - Orange

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home