Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Ted's Bakery - Oahu, Hawaii


I like pies more than cake, and the pie that I like best is chocolate haupia. So while I was on Oahu, I knew I would have to go in search of a slice. After some online research, I found more than a few bakeries on the island that make it. But according to many sources I read, the one I wanted is Ted’s.

As luck would have it, I didn’t have to go far. I stumbled upon the brand in the bakery section while shopping at Foodland. And when I took my slice back to the hotel and ate it, I realized Ted’s makes the chocolate haupia of my dreams.

Existing in stratas of salty pie crust, not-too-sweet chocolate mousse, creamy coconut pudding, and fluffy whipped cream topping, this is a perfectly constructed pie. Every layer correctly proportioned and complementing the next.

Ted's Bakery
59-024 Kamehameha Hwy
Haleiwa, HI 96712
(808) 638-8207
tedsbakery.com

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
CdM - Corona del Mar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home