Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Zippy's - Oahu, Hawaii


I wish Zippy’s existed in my neighborhood on the mainland. I found multiple locations of this Hawaiian fast food chain in Oahu and it is the kind of eatery I would frequent everyday if I was given the chance.

The food is reasonably priced. A small bowl of saimin with real Chinese BBQ pork and chewy noodles ticks at under $3. And a so-called “Zip Pac” meal is about $11 and contains the following proteins in a sort of nod to all the cultures that have come to define modern Hawaiian cuisine:

- Fish katsu
- Korean BBQ beef
- Fried chicken
- And a slice of Spam.

It’s all served on furikake-showered bed of rice, which is, come to think of it, also how I wish all bowls of rice are served on the mainland.

Zippy's
806 Kamehameha Hwy
Pearl City, HI 96782
453-3715
zippys.com

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Il Palco - Buena Park

3 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Gilbert M. said...

Looks like Las Vegas is getting one...

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/restaurant/hawaiian-restaurant-zippys-to-open-las-vegas-valley-location-1630512/

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Gilbert M. said...

Looks live Vegas is getting one, Edwin! https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/restaurant/hawaiian-restaurant-zippys-to-open-las-vegas-valley-location-1630512/

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

I know! I wish there was one here! I'd be all over it...like everyday.

Sorry for the delay in my response. I was experiencing technical difficulties with the comment moderation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home